The VAR-SOM-DUAL small form factor System-on-Module carries an advanced feature-set and broad connectivity options, making it an ideal solution for customers and products in the embedded market.
Staying on-trend with the market’s shift towards a cost-effective highly integrated off-the-shelf solution, the VAR-SOM-DUAL from Variscite levels the playing ground for a broad spectrum of embedded products. Bringing all the benefits of the widely successful VAR-SOM-MX6, the VAR-SOM-DUAL from Variscite carries much smaller dimensions and a slim lined price-point. Features include Freescale’s i.MX6 1GHz Dual Cortex-A9, SLC NAND, eMMC, dual band Wi-Fi/BT with MIMO, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, A/V interfaces and industrial operating temperatures. The VAR-SOM-DUAL utilizes a standard SO-DIMM 200pins interface to the carrier board, fully pin-to-pin compatible with the VAR-SOM-MX6 and the VAR-SOM-SOLO enabling full scalability while optimizing cost and performance.
Key features include:
– Freescale i.MX6 1000MHz Dual Cortex-A9
– Up to 1GB DDR3, 512MB SLC NAND and 64GB eMMC
– Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz with optional 2×2 MIMO
– Bluetooth 4.0/BLE
– Full 1080p video encode/decode capability
– Vivante GPU 2D/3D graphics accelerator
– Display: 2x LVDS, HDMI1.4, MIPI DSI
– 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
– USB 2.0: Host, OTG
– Audio In/Out
– Camera inputs: MIPI CSI, parallel
– Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI
– Industrial temperature -40 to 85°C
– Dimensions: 33mm x 68mm x 4mm
– OS: Linux Yocto & Ubuntu, Android, WEC 7 & 2013
Availability and Pricing:
The VAR-SOM-DUAL is available now. Pricing starts at 46USD.
Variscite is a leading System on Modules (SoM) and Single-Board-Computer (SBC) design and manufacture company. A trusted provider of development and production services for a variety of embedded platforms, Variscite transforms clients’ visions into successful products.